Jacquelyn Liane (Vining) Kruger “Jacquie”
Born on Friday August 13, 1943 in Tacoma, WA
Died September 5, 2023 at the age of 80 in Olympia, WA surrounded by her family
Parents: Richard Madison Vining and Liane Frances Vining (Chovil)
Children: Dianne Renee Kruger and Denise Liane Peterson (Kruger)
Grandchildren: Echo Vining, Brendan Anderson, Zachary Kruger, Joshua Kruger, Capri Kruger, Tomi Liane Peterson, Nicholas Peterson, Aaron Peterson, Jeremy Peterson
Great-grandchildren: Liam Vining, Rowan Richardson, Amaya Liane Peterson, Zavier Peterson
Much loved Mother and Nana
* She loved being a Nana and everyone called her that.
* Her favorite color was purple.
* Lilacs were her favorite flower.
* She was a go-go dancer in the 1960s and loved to dance all her life.
* She liked country music as well as music from the 50s and 60s.
* She loved clothes and shopping. She described herself as a clothes horse and was proud of that.
* She loved to read. Her favorite genre was mysteries, especially Agatha Christie.
* She liked to do crossword puzzles and could do hard ones.
* Mashed potatoes and gravy was one of her favorite foods.
* She always had a cup of tea by her side.
* She loved to crochet and buy yarn. She had a huge yarn stash.
* She used to sell Avon and was really good at it.
* She was a social butterfly and loved to socialize in person and on the phone. She was very fun loving.
* She had many kinds of jobs but bar tending was one of her favorites.
* She was married for ten years. She liked to say she was divorced longer than she was married.
* She loved cats and had several during her life. She is survived by Sweet Thing.
* Her favorite Disney movies were Lady and the Tramp and The Jungle Book.
* She was 1/16th Canadian Cree on her dad’s side.
* She was known for her colorful way of expressing herself.
* She loved hot weather and hated rain. She would have liked to live in Southern California.
*She went on two family trips to Disneyland and one to Los Vegas for an Avon convention with Dianne
*She was an Elvis fan when she was younger
*She liked Garfield and collected Garfield stuff
*She had many friends and knew all kinds of people who felt lucky to be her friend.
*She trusted Jeremy more than anyone regarding any help requiring physical strength.
*She enjoyed going to New Mexico to visit her daughter Denise and Denise's family.
*She was very involved in a Tacoma poetry group in the 1990s along with Dianne and Echo.